Pegasus Business Information / PBI-Connex
Terms and Conditions of Use
Within this agreement:
- “PBI” refers to either Pegasus Business Information or PBI Connex.
- “The Client” or “Clients” refers to either a person, persons or organisation that have either purchased or use the services supplied by PBI.
- “Service” refers to any service/services such as website, information, data, subscription or product, provided by PBI
- “Information or Data” refers to any information or data provided by PBI, including text, numbers, pictures, tables and graphics.
- General Terms:
- Clients are requested to read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using the service.
- By continuing to use of a PBI website, clients agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as displayed on the website at the time of use.
- PBI reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and a revised terms and conditions shall be posted on our website immediately.
- Conditions of Use:
- The order confirmation or invoice constitutes an offer by PBI to sell and provide the client with the relevant service in accordance with this agreement.
- By purchasing a service, clients are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited access to the service, for the period as specified on the order confirmation/invoice.
- Clients must pay for all services before they are delivered by PBI, either by Credit Card or PayPal via the website, or via BACS after receiving an invoice from PBI.
- Clients are permitted to download the information or data as specified on the order confirmation, relevant to the service purchased.
- Gathering content and information from the website by use of web crawlers or any other means is prohibited.
- The client assumes the responsibility to use the information or data supplied by PBI in a safe, responsible and legal manner.
- Unless expressly permitted at the time of sale, all rights are reserved; no part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording or otherwise without either the prior written permission of PBI.
- Clients are not permitted make the service available on a local area network, a wide area network or on any intranet or extranet unless a multi-user agreement is in place.
- Clients are not permitted re-sell the information or data to any other persons or organisations.
- Passwords and Security:
- When creating a user account, clients undertake to provide full and up to date information and make any necessary changes to keep this information updated.
- Clients are responsible for keeping their account details confidential.
- Unless otherwise agreed, any passwords and log-in details issued by PBI to access services, are for the client’s personal use and may not be made available to others.
- Any multi-user agreement is provided on the understanding that it for use for registered users only and conforms to all other aspects of our conditions of use.
- PBI reserves the right to suspend the account of any client they suspect that a password is being used by an unauthorised or unregistered user.
- PBI reserves the right to suspend any account if information provided by a client proves to be inaccurate or out of date.
- Warranties & Liability:
- PBI will use all responsible commercial efforts to ensure the information provided is complete and accurate as reasonably possible, they do not take responsibility for any errors, omissions or contrary interpretations of any of the information contained herein.
- We do not offer refunds on email addresses that do not reach the intended recipient. We do not accept responsibility for any email being rejected by the recipient’s server, for which there are many reasons: an email be rejected as spam, their server may be programmed to reject emails from some servers, the server may be not in operation or any number of technical issues could have affected the arrival of your email. Very often you may never get an indication to why your email has bounced. You can expect 10%-20% of emails to bounce for one reason or another.
- The client should obtain independent verification or advice before relying upon any piece of information in circumstances where any loss or damage may result.
- Under no circumstances may PBI be held liable for any other loss or damage caused by using the Information or data provided or contained on any PBI website or on any other website to which this site has links. PBI does not endorse any websites which have links to and from those websites owned by PBI or does it endorse their reliability or accuracy of their content.
- It is the responsibility of the client to make sure that any products, services or information available through this website is fit for your purpose.
- PBI employs reasonable methods to protect this site and clients are responsible for protecting their computer equipment against viruses, worms trojan horses and all other elements of a destructive nature. We do not warrant that the site is free from these and endorses these websites or the reliability or accuracy of their content accept no liability for any damage, which may result from transmission of such destructive features via this site, or any files, which are available for you to download.
- PBI shall not be liable for any loss suffered or incurred by the clients as a result of any delay in or failure of PBI performing its obligations arising from events beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of PBI or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of god, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
- PBI are business to business marketing data owners. We process personal data under the Legitimate Interest legal basis.
- GDPR recital 47 states “The processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes may be regarded as carried out for a legitimate interest”.
- We licence provide our data to 3rd parties for marketing purposes under the legal basis of Legitimate Interest.
- We therefore trust that any party using our data will ensure that they are only targeting companies that could legitimately have an interest in their products or services.
- To comply with GDPR all users must provide the recipient of their sales/marketing communications with a clear option to opt-out of any future promotions.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.